Deciding on Carpet
Yeah, you see it, don't you? Yes, here are us girls in all our cuteness, but that is not what I'm talking about.
I'm talking about the ugliness that we have going up our stairs as this grandma carpet runner.
OK, so it's not as ugly as the many other carpet runners that we could of chosen, but come on now. Hunter green swirlees on top of bright blue carpet? Where is the interior decorator who is going to vomit when entering my house?
So, yeah, several years ago we got desperate and needed to cover what was left of our stairs with all the holes in the carpet, so not being able to afford carpet, we went to Lowes and got this lovely carpet runner which we nailed on top of our carpet. Yes, who else does that? No one.
Well, I'm always using the stairs as a picture place, and gee, every time I look at the pictures I'm thinking, gee, that's hideous, isn't it? What decade do we live in? Which century? How old am I?
Anyway, no more. With this year's tax return we are going to get new carpet!!!
I think it will be nice to also replace where Macey drew lipstick in the carpet upstairs, where Micah set the carpet on fire long ago, and where Caleb painted the floor.....hmmm....what did Jewelia do? Maybe I just got lucky with Jewelia's stains......
Anyway, here now we have to decide on color and texture and pad thickness and good grief!!! How do you really know until it's all in?
Hmmm....shade medium, shade lighter, shade lightest? Gee, the choices. Well, really this is a lousy lighting picture because they all look basically the same and I don't think they are really caramel in color like this, but oh well. The decisions........
We decided on lightest for the upstairs and front room and then we are doing the middle shade for the rest of the house. So excited am I!!!
And really, how boring is it for me to have the excitement in my life to be new carpet?
They have to order it all in, so it will be awhile, and yes I am more stressed about how we are going to move all the furniture, but oh I hope it will be so much nicer!! I've already ripped that ugly runner off of the stairs in anticipation!!!
Oh, and just so you all know, I'm so so sorry that our house is going to turn into a take your shoes off at the door house. (And yes, mom, all those years that I was so super angry at you for making me do that, well, I'm sorry. I understand now. But on a side note, you had hard wood floor and you didn't even want me to have my shoes on that either, so hmmmmmm......but anyway, yeah, live and learn...)
Soooo.....the excitement lingers.......it's going to take almost a month from the time we ordered to get it in. I don't know if I can take the waiting!
Stay posted for pictures!
4 comments:
You are not boring for wanting new carpet! I would Love new carpet. Someday......
Take lots of pictures once its in. I want to see it!
I can tell you are an "old married woman" now. That is what we become when we get to so excited about things like carpet. Just wait until you get excited about a new roof!!!
It will look so nice, I am excited for you! Also, I have no problem with a no shoe house, must people take their shoes off at my house too. Just have to train dad to do it.
I'm so excited that you are able to get new carpet. My mom did that last year and we became one of those "take your shoes off" houses too.
It is amazing what new carpet can do to a house, it makes a huge difference. Best of luck to you in your carpet endeavors.
I agree that you are not boring. I would love to get new carpet figuring the carpet in my house is purple....I'm excited to see how it looks!
Post a Comment