Saturday, August 7, 2010

Let's All Go To The Ball Game

Troy's work had a summer work party where they decided to all go to a Bee's baseball game.

Now if anyone knows us they know that we are not a big sports family. Our boys do not particularly like sports, to watch or to play. Many dad's would be horrified to not have any sports fans in their family, but we make do with other entertainment.

Anyway, we tried to make it a fun event for the kids, and we tried to show them what a baseball game was all about.

Well, they were not too excited about it. We went, we ate, and then we left. The kids were all pretty bored. Too bad.

Myself, I enjoyed getting a frozen yogurt in one of those little helmet bowls. Those are great! I had Caleb pose in it after we left the stadium:

I suppose baseball is pretty boring to watch. I mean, really, why won't they just pitch that ball and hit it already. Why must they all stand around and discuss it for a half hour? Just throw it! Come on already!!! What are they talking about? Why must they practice their swinging and pitching for another 15 minutes? Isn't that what practice is for?!

Ok, well, maybe another time.

2 comments:

Sally and Paul said...

I always liked to people watch at the ball games

Haley Flowers said...

I feel the same way about baseball! So boring! Same with most sports :)