Not Babies Anymore
My girls are getting so big and old! Recently Macey just isn't her little toddler self anymore. She's starting to look like a little kid. I guess she is 3 1/2. Oh, where did my my little baby precious go? She used to always insist that she was my "baby precious" but now she says she is not a baby. She wants to do everything by herself and it doesn't matter how impossible it is. She rather gets mad if I try to help her.
Jewelia seems ancient to me now. Maybe it's just because I got robbed of her Kindergarten year this year and my little 5 year old is about to complete the 1st grade and go to 2nd grade?! Maybe it's because all her friends are 7 year olds in her class. I don't know, but where did that cute little teeny girl go that used to slide down the slide and shout, "I did it!" go?
She is doing well with her violin. I'm always impressed that a 5 year old can make any decent sound from a stringed instrument, but she tries hard and practices every day.

It has been interesting this year to just have Macey home with me all alone. She is a good girl and a wonderful helper. She cleans better than any of the kids and although I feel bad sometimes that I don't make enough time to play with her, she really is a good girl and plays well by herself. She's smart and almost knows all of her ABC's although she insists that an M is actually a U because all the kids have pointed at the letter M and said "look, that's you Macey!"

Jewelia is doing really well in school. I've always been a little skeptical because at parent teacher conferences her teacher has always commented how Jewelia needed to catch up a bit to the 1st graders in her handwriting and a little bit in other subjects, but yesterday she brought home this book where every one in her class wrote something about her, and I was surprised. Now this might sound terrible, but seriously, all the papers were somewhat sloppy in handwriting, backward with letters, and I don't think anyone in her class knows how to spell "like" because they all wrote about Jewelia "licking" cats and rabbits! Ha haaa! So rather, I'm not making fun of her classmates, but Jewelia is doing just fine in 1st grade and her handwriting and spelling seem to be above the average for her class. Maybe they were all just having a bad day.


1 comment:
Your girls are so adorable! Too cute!
Post a Comment