Thursday, May 5, 2011

Projects

So, lately, I've been fixing up a bit of things, or rather "decorating" to fix things.

We have a white cabinet thing in our bathroom that isn't super fancy, but the back part of it was starting to look old and stained and some of it had gotten wet so it was all gross looking.

Well, I went to the stores to see how expensive it would be to replace and it was not cheap at all, so I decided to take a different route. I couldn't afford to replace it, but I could afford to "hide" its flaws.

I got out some pink paint and painted over the water stains and then to hide the water spots on the back board I decided to paint little flowers on top of all the stains so you could not tell.

Ha haa! Look at that! Nothing fancy, but it looks all cute and you can't tell it's old and waterlogged!


Then, I thought our living room wall was kind of bare on the sides, so I had some fun hanging up some 5 by 7 pictures and creating some vinyl words to go along with them:

I don't know if you can tell what this all says unless maybe you click on the picture above, but anyway, it says "Love, Laugh, Sing, Dance, Play, Dream, Inspire". I put the words next to pictures relating to the words. I think it's different. It makes you look. It was fun anyway.

3 comments:

Sally and Paul said...

Looks very nice; you are very creative

Haley Flowers said...

I love it. They both look really cute. :)

Angela said...

Cute!! Very creative I like it!