Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Jewelia's 6 Year Old Pictures

Well, it's only been a month since Jewelia turned 6, but yes, we are finally getting around to getting her professional birthday pictures taken.

Such a pretty girl! I often have problems trying to get pictures of the other kids because they have a funny face or cheesy grin or just aren't smiling, but Jewelia is very photogenic. I had a hard time trying to decide which pictures were best because they all looked cute!
So, I suppose I cut her bangs maybe a little too short on the ends right before pictures, or maybe they aren't greatly straight, but I got her hair really straight with the flat iron, and I worked on matching up those pink bows for like a half hour!

Oh, the length I go for cuteness!

I found her this really pretty dress off of ebay for like $3 because it had a teeny little pen mark on the front, but her hair covered it anyway.

We even had her take her violin for some different pictures. She is doing so well with it. She really struggled at first and we wondered if it was a good thing for her to play a violin with all the horrible sounds like cats getting their hair pulled out, but she has improved greatly. She sets a timer and practices at least 20 full minutes a day. I think that is pretty good for a 6 year old.

Troy always complains when I get the kids' birthday pictures that they look so old and it makes him sad, so I picked a "young" looking picture of Jewelia for him.

Of course after looking at all the pictures he decided this one was his "least favorite". Gee, thanks.

Jewelia is a cute, smart girl, and she has really grown up over this past year. Maybe it's the whole jump from Kindergarten into first grade, but she fits in well with those soon to be 2nd graders.

The photographer asked her to blow a kiss, but this picture came out more like a fish face. We thought it was pretty funny:

Well, until next year.....I'm sure then Troy can be really depressed at how old she'll look then!

Oh, yeah, I got some extra 4 by 6 prints for relatives, so any of you out there that want a picture let me know---of course you can only choose from 3 different shots; the violin picture, the first one with her eyes above the flowers, or the 2nd to last one with the flowers spread across her dress. Let me know! :)

1 comment:

Sally and Paul said...

Great Pictures!!!! Jewelia is perfect Jewel!!!