Friday, February 11, 2011

Yes! We Still Love Jewelia!

It's true, we haven't had a post about Jewelia in a while. But there isn't really any reason for it. I guess she had some school programs where my camera sucked, or I forgot the video camera, but really, she is still here, and of course we love her!

Jewelia is a pretty good girl mostly. She is always so happy and optimistic about the world and all her events.

She is doing so well in school. She is in 1st grade this year and she loves it! She always has such wonderful pictures and notes that she brings home. She loves to draw pictures, color and read. She is so awesome that she got an award at school for being such an awesome reader!

It is so interesting to watch Jewelia interact with her friends from school, being that most of the kids in her class are 7 and she is still only 5 years old, but she has many friends and they get along great! You wouldn't even think there was such an age gap between these kids and Jewelia.

She is a good help at home. She is such a little mommy always telling the others what they should be doing and wanting to help out. It is rather funny that she brought home a poster from school which read, "I have a dream that....." and she filled in what her dream was, except her dream was not to be a princess or a ballerina or to be rich. Her dream was that "someday my brothers, my sister and me will listen and do what my mommy says." I thought that was the best dream ever! Ha! (Of course I can only imagine what her teacher must be thinking is going on over here, like I'm Hitler or something.)

She helps me shop and get things organized and she even helps her sister get dressed.

She is still little and yet to be so much in the spotlight as her big brothers, but we love Jewelia, as she carries her own bright light on her own with her beautiful spirit.

3 comments:

Sally and Paul said...

Of course we LOVE Jewelia!!!! She is the best 5 year old grand daughter that we have!!!
Good job on the reading award!!!

The Tucketts said...

You are so crazy busy! We have like 2 things a week and I start to feel stresses out. You're a good mom, that's probably why all your kids are so awesome at everything. And cute!

Haley Flowers said...

How cute is that- her helping Macey get dressed! Cute girl!