Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Preparations

Well, it's really really late, or actually early early in the morning.......and I'm just finishing up everything to get ready for Jewelia's birthday. The presents are wrapped and on the table, the balloons are tied onto the "Princess Birthday Girl Chair", the cupcakes are waiting...



And just look at my oh so beautiful cake:




None of those Princess Barbie cakes yet......Jewelia is only turning 3, so much similar to the princess baby doll cake I made last year (she asked for it again), I have made another one.

Of course I rather like this one better.....I think I am becoming quite skilled in the art of making baby doll princess cakes.

So......all is ready and awaiting the birthday girl! Jewelia is sooo excited. She keeps telling me that "Princess girls" are coming to her party. Of course I'm not sure what she means. I thought she just meant they would be on her balloons and wrapping paper, but after wrapping her presents yesterday and talking to her, I think she actually might think they are coming to our house---like they're going to show up at the door. Hmmmmm..................


Macey has been pretty good today during all of the preparations..........I even got to do my hair today--I've learned she likes the sink:








The sink is my friend.........











Mmmmm.............nummy toothbrush! (Don't worry, we got her her own toothbrush!)

5 comments:

Vickie said...

That is one cute cake. You're so talented! I'd love to learn how to decorate cakes someday. And your baby is darling. I love her big eyes. That's a fun way to keep her in one place!

Unknown said...

have fun at the birthday party the cake looks great is that one of those dolls were their cloths snap on and off? Bella has when her name is Elena! Have fun, Macey looks cute in the sink.

Juliet said...

That cake is awesome. I use to make cakes like that. I have a huge cake set (at my mom's house-since I never use it any more). Jp also loves his toothbrush!

Rachel said...

you have mad skills when it comes to babydoll princess cakes! that even beats out the armadillo cake on fried green tomatoes.

Anonymous said...

yes it is one that has snap on clothes.