Wednesday, January 19, 2011

"This is Better than Disneyland!"

This week has been kind of nice. The kids had Monday and Tuesday off of school, so we decided to do something fun and go to a little indoor amusement place.

We played miniature golf and went on all sorts of little rides with the kids. They thought it was the best thing ever.

Miniature golf was not that great I thought.

Well, this was the first time any of them had been, and it was very very busy at the golf place at the time, and so there were so many people waiting in line behind us, I felt really awkward to have such a large family of small kids to make these people wait, so we just rushed the kids through as fast as we could.

I mean, Jewelia was holding her putter all backward, Micah was swinging his like a line drive over his shoulder, Caleb was playing pool with the other balls, and Macey was just trying to keep her pants from falling off.


I was rather disappointed that we couldn't take more time to actually show the kids what it was all about and show them how to hold the putter and what Par meant, but oh well, they had fun mostly. By the end we had sunk so many balls into lakes or hit them into oblivion that we were sharing 3 balls between the 6 of us.

(yucky picture of me)

The kids absolutely loved all the rides. There were only 5 of them, but they went on them over and over again. They were in heaven!

Most of the rides make me want to throw up, so luckily I had some wonderful helpers to go with Macey while the other kids went on different rides.

Micah is getting to be such a big helper. He took Macey on many rides and got her all buckled and kept an eye on her for me so I wouldn't throw up.

Yes, it's true, even the Merry Go Round makes me ill. Luckily Micah was so kind to go on with Macey or Jewelia so many times.

Even Daddy got a turn!

Caleb loved the golfing and so he went on another round with Daddy and Macey. He was always running around so quickly we didn't get hardly any pictures of him.

Sometimes they were lost in the "climby" thing with slides. But everyone had so much fun.

As we were driving away at the end of the night the kids told us that it was better than Disneyland!

Gee, that would have been a lot cheaper than Disneyland last year if we would have known that!

Ha! No, I'm sure they were just in the moment. I'm pretty sure Disneyland is a whole lot better, but I'm glad they are so easily entertained.

2 comments:

Sally and Paul said...

Glad you had such a good time! Have you used the gift certificate we gave you?

Haley Flowers said...

Sweet! I'm glad to know its better than Disneyland! :) Cute pictures. (I have always disliked minigolf because of the people that have to wait behind you. I'm awful and take a long time so people always have to wait and so I feel rushed!)