Caleb's 2nd Piano Recital
Last night Caleb performed at the University of Utah in his 2nd piano recital. He was a little bit nervous and during practice he had a problem remembering to do the repeats and sometimes he played way too fast, so we took a marker and wrote "repeat" on the top of one hand, and "slow" on the top of the other.
This helped him with the repeats, but then I think we made him go a little too slow! Oh I wish he could have a secret metronome earpiece or something, but oh well. He was the only student to play 3 songs. He was excited about that.
It is hard being the parent that sits at home with him hearing his practice day after day after day. I mean we know exactly the right notes he should be playing and can hear any little mistake. We know how fast or slow or loud or soft. It is difficult to be in the audience knowing all that. We have to take a step back and just listen and watch as a regular audience goer. Yeah, he may have made a few mistakes and forgot some things, but they weren't that big a deal and he was cute anyway! He's only 6! We love our little Caleb.
He got some flowers from his Grammy for his performance and at the end of the night he says, "Mommy, boys aren't supposed to get flowers. Next time I'm getting legos, or maybe I can have pokemon cards!" Yeah, we'll see.

3 comments:
Way to go, Caleb! The 2nd song was my favorite! When is your next recital?
Very Good Caleb...I watched your Grammy's Youtube videos...all four of them...
He did great, and how smart is he anyway to play at 6. I don't think many 6 year olds sound as good as Caleb does. WAY TO GO CALEB. Your kids are so talented!
Post a Comment