Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Jewelia's First Day of Preschool


Tuesday was Jewelia's first day of Preschool! She didn't go when she was 3, so this really was a first for her. She was so excited to go with her new outfit and new shoes and Princess backpack. Macey wasn't so sure about all of this.

Before Preschool started, Jewelia was asked to decorate a star any way she wanted and bring it on the first day of school. So Jewelia decorated hers with lots of stickers and wrote her name drawing a rainbow next to it. Now, unknown to us, the teachers have name tags and name labels for each of their students where they pair up their name with a different picture, and interestingly enough, when we showed up at Preschool, Jewelia's just happened to be an exact replica of how she drew her name with a rainbow next to it. It's like she's psychic! Ha ha!

See, here she is holding her star she designed, and then next to that picture is her holding her Jewelia "rainbow" name tag. I though it was pretty neat.



Anyway, she had a great first day and told me how wonderful it was and how she couldn't wait to go back.

Here is a picture of her signing her name in when she got there:


Good job Jewelia! I'm glad she likes it. So far I haven't had any scared or clinging children dropping them off at Preschool or any other school. We'll have to wait for Macey's turn.

4 comments:

Haley Flowers said...

You have a very cute psychic child!!! =) That is awesome the she loved it and wants to go back. She is so cute!

Vickie said...

How fun! We started Audrey there yesterday too. I happen to notice Jewelia's name on the lists by the door, but we go on WF, so I don't know if we'll ever run into each other.

Sally and Paul said...

Jewelia glad you had a such a fun FIRST day of preschool!!!
Love,
Grammy

Summie said...

Way to go Jewelia! I know you were so excited to go. I am glad you liked it.