Monday, September 7, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today was my birthday! I turned super old. But not super super old. Double digit double numbers today. What? Did you guess 22? As you can see, here is my fancy Zinger cake!

I actually started my birthday with going to work! How exciting is that? Well, it is Labor Day, the day to labor! Well, time and a half is as good a reason as any! Here's me in my spiffy work clothes:

It wasn't too bad, and Troy and the kids came to work to visit and bring me a strawberry cheesecake blizzard and a special surprise. My mom and brother Mark called me while I was at work to wish me well.

When I got home my dad was driving right in front of me without me even paying attention and arrived at my house right before me with flowers!

Troy and the kids came home shortly after and I decided to torment them with some family pictures! Of course Macey was tired and non cooperative. Not as bad as the "look of death", but here is the "piggy face":

Then we loaded all up, grabbed a pizza and my favorite, Crazy Bread, and headed out to Wheeler Farm for a picnic and stroll around the park. Here I am enjoying my nummy crazy bread:

We had fun looking at animals and posing on different set ups. Here's Troy and I on the horse:

It was a pretty good birthday and I spent it with the ones I love! Nothing extravagant. I got some pairs of earrings finally and the kids made me some cards, but best of all was Troy's gift recording one of my favorite songs for me with him singing. (I'm sure he'll enjoy that I'm posting this on the internet!) Here he is singing Michael Buble's "Lost":


It was a wonderful birthday that goes to show you don't need fancy stuff, just the people you love to show you they care! Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and calls and everything! I'm excited for tomorrow to get the mail since today was a holiday.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are right, birthdays don't have to be huge (unless you are turning 30 like me in two weeks ha!) and being with family is the best! I love that you got crazy bread, I remember you saying that is what you craved while being prego. So I THINK of you when it comes to crazy bread. Troy singing to you is just so sweet and indearing. I love the family picture, its so cute, and your kids are just so cute. Macey with piggie lips and all! take care!

Sally and Paul said...

Glad you had such a nice Birthday!
Did you get my phone message?
Tory is a sweetie to sing to you!!!!

Sally and Paul said...

Sorry, Troy, I DO know how to spell your name, my fingers just have a problem sometimes.

Summie said...

oh Happy Birthday Becca! I am glad you had a great day. hopefully you can have a Birthday Week! that would be fun.

Angela said...

I'm glad you had a happy brithday! I hope someone sang to you over the intercom at Macey's like you do for every else. If not I'm driving down there and doing it myself. Or I'll make Haley do it!! :)

Haley Flowers said...

I guess Angie is driving out here, cause I don't sing over the intercom!! Happy Birthday!! I'm glad you had a great birthday.